Mr. Eric CritterMcCool has dedicated his life to wildlife control. He started hand catching animals in the late 1980’s. His first job was a housing project at which he got paid in ice cream sandwiches for skunk control. McCool has over 25 years of trapping experience.
McCool has been a speaker and attendee at numerous wildlife related shows, conferences, state associations and local events. He has consulted and subcontracted for multi-million dollar pest control companies: Orkin Pest, J C Ehrlich Co., Rentokill and Terminix International.
He has overseen a number of different aspects of wildlife control and damage issues. McCool has gained National and International attention from his many bee extractions. He once removed the largest yellow jacket nest in United States history without pesticides and has been covered on CNN Headline News, Post & Courier, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Los Angeles Times, Pest Control Technology and in numerous other magazines and newspapers around the world. McCool is the record holder for the largest honey comb removed from a building/structure. In 2014 CritterMcCool was featured on the cover of Wildlife Control Tech. Magazine. He travels extensively in the United States performing Wildlife Control, Bee Extractions and consulting. McCool has also volunteered hundreds of hours educating hundreds of children about reptiles and wildlife.
- Founder of the International Bee Extraction Group (training, research and consulting)
- Past President of Pennsylvania Chapter of National Wildlife Control Operators Association
- First Elected Chief of Animal Response Team Venango/Forest County (CART)
- PA. Emergency Management Agency – Animal Incidents Deputy
- Senior Firefighter and past Fire Officer (Animal Rescue)
- Assisted Animal Planet documentary series “Infested” with research
- Graduate of NYC Integrated Pest Management for urban rodent control course
- Outstanding Conservation Volunteer – Dept. of Conservation and Natural Resources 2000
- Reptile Education Specialist – Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission 2004 – 2007
- Graduate of Bat Management Workshop – Bats, Birds & More Inc. 2009
- Graduate of Purdue University Professional Trappers College 2012
- PA Herpetological Atlas Project as a field collector – Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Hosted his own Radio Show – Urban Critters
- Assistant Instructor – Wildlife Control Training Group